ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and scheduling of trades requirements for each phase of construction.*
- Must be able to pick up last minute supplies and building materials needed to keep the project on schedule.
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Ensures that customer requirements and project requirements conform to Warranty Standards and Performance Standards Guidelines.
- Assist in estimating and bid proposals.*
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
- Confers with customer, personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force and project.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- Pulls required permits from the governmental units involved where the construction project is located.
- Explains and covers the company’s building standards program with building inspectors.
- Supervises all aspects of MIOSHA standards and requirements at the building project. This includes subcontractors and staff working on the project.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
Position has the authority to schedule and assign staff to the project as needed to complete the project on time and within specifications. Position can commit to supplies and building products needed for the completion of the project. Position has the authority to administer appropriate praise, notices and performance reviews of staff.
Directly supervises construction employees at the job site. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and some aspects of design software such as CAD based programs is desirable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Contractor’s license is preferred for this position. Valid state issued driver’s license is required. Must be able to meet the requirements provided for in the Employment Eligibility Verification Laws.